This recipe is extremely hydrating and loaded with fibre and protein from the chia and hemp. Hemp is my go to nut milk as it doesn’t require soaking or filtering out the pulp which provides protein, fibre and healthy fats. One that no other nut milk can offer!
Hemp milk (yields approx 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup Organic Traditions hemp seeds
- 3 cup filtered water
- Dash of Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract/coconut nectar
*or use a 1:5 ratio of hemp seeds and water
- Blend 1/2 cup hemp and the water in a high speed blender for 3 minutes.
- Add a dash of Himalayan salt and vanilla extract or coconut nectar and mix well. Set aside in the fridge. This can keep up to 1 week in the fridge.
Chia pudding (yields 4 servings)
Optional toppings: cocoa nibs, hemp seeds, coconut shreds, bananas, berries
- Blend ripe bananas with the hemp milk. You can leave some of the bananas chunky if you desire.
- Mix the chia and blended bananas and milk together until well combined.
- Set in the fridge overnight or longer. The longer you set it the thicker the pudding.
- Top with your favorite toppings (e.g. fruits, granola, nuts, coconut) or just dig right in!