Organic Traditions Golden Flax Seeds 454g
- Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
- A good source of Calcium and Iron
- A high source of Fiber
- A vegetarian source of beneficial Omega 3 with 3 grams per serving
- A healthy addition to smoothies and trail mixes
- No added flavors, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers, excipients, oils or coatings
Flax seeds are known for their unique beneficial compounds known as lignans, which have been shown to positively impact health in numerous ways. Much like Slippery Elm, Flax seeds are highly mucilaginous in nature and as such provide a soothing film for irritated mucous membranes. The delicate, nutty flavor of flax seeds nutritionally enhances all recipes without altering the taste.
Certified Organic Golden Flax Seeds (Linum usitatissimum)
- Add ground or soaked flax seeds to everything you eat in order to reduce the glycemic load of any recipe.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of Flax seeds to smoothies, yogurt, cereals, salads and desserts.
- Make puddings, sauces and dressings.
- Use in soups, oatmeal, sprouted quinoa dishes and all baked goods.
- Create a throat-soothing or a digestive-soothing tea by boiling 1-2 teaspoons of raw flax seeds per 1 cup of water.
- Strain the flax and use the liquid as a demulcent.
- Use as a soothing throat tea or gargle.
- Add 1-3 tablespoons of Organic Traditions Flax Seeds to your favorite smoothie recipe to create a nourishing, antioxidant-rich smoothie.