- 2 bunches thick asparagus with ends trimmed
- 3 large organic eggs
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise (see below for homemade mayo recipe to avoid the refined vegetable oils)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Blend on high the ingredients below :
- 1 large egg yolk (or ½ avocado for egg free version)
- 1 cup Organic Traditions Ice Pressed Olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbsp filtered water (add more for thinner consistency)
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- Bring two large pots or pans of water to boil.
- In one of the pans, bring the heat down to a low medium and gently crack the eggs into the water to poach them. Cook for about 1 min for a runny egg.
- In the other pot, place the asparagus stalks in the water and boil for around 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Immediately remove from heat and transfer asparagus to an ice bath to cool the asparagus and to preserve the nutrients and colour.
- Plate the asparagus and pour the dijon cream over top.
- Add the poached egg and drizzle more cream on top.
- Optional to add chive garnishing.